Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Making Mini Pizzas-Let's Scrap Design Team Sketch

Have you joined us over at Let's Scrap yet?? If not, come on over. Today we have a new sketch and you could win a great prize!!

Here is the new sketch for March 15:


And here is my take on the sketch:



 These are some older pictures of my boys making mini pizzas. I didn't have a lot of pizza themed embellishments so I turned to the Silhouette Design Store. I found this adorable pizza chef and a piece of pizza. I cut them out using my Silhouette Portrait and then colored them using Zig Clean Color Brush Markers. I love how they turned out. 



Just look at that adorable little pizza chef!! :)  The stamps that spell out "YUM" are from Joann's and are made by Ms. Sparkle and Co. Paperie. They were $1.99 and work great for the price. I stamped the words using some Ranger Archival ink in black. 

I used one sheet of patterned paper from the new Amy Tan On A Whim collection. That pizza print paper was perfect. I used a Fiskars scalloped border punch to add some interest to the paper. 


I used some really old Making Memories alphas and some Thickers to make my title. I'm glad to use up some older products that I've had forever. I also used the little pizza puffy sticker from Amy Tan to dot the 'i' in the word pizzas!


I was also excited to be able to use this 'toppings on my pizza' card from Elle's Studio. I received it in a grab bag that I bought during her Black Friday sale. I just listed the ingredients  the boys used on their pizzas. 



With the remaining patterned paper, I fussy cut the pizzas from it and used some embroidery thread to make  a cute border to span across both pages. I gave the pizzas some dimension by using some fun foam under them. I used a few tabs from Bella Blvds. Alex collection as well. They were the perfect fit!

I used some black Nuvo Crystal Drops as a finishing touch. 

I hope you enjoyed my take on the sketch. Now come on over and play along!!







1 comment:

  1. I love all your embellishments on this layout! That embroidery thread and fussy cut pizza was a fantastic add - great idea! Great layout and great take on the sketch! Let's Scrap sister, Jamie

    ReplyDelete