Saturday, March 25, 2017

April Guest Designer for Clique Kits

A few months back Clique Kits had a design team call and I was chosen to be a guest designer for the month  of April. I'm so excited to complete some awesome projects for them using their amazing April kit called Jellybean. Stop by the Clique Kits website to see all they have to offer!

This is my first layout for them using the Jellybean kit. It's full of Bella Blvd. Make Your Mark papers and embellishments, some papers from Pink Paislee and a bunch of other fun embellishments from Freckled Fawn and Fancy Pants. 


I used the "Believe" patterned paper from Bella Blvd. for my background. The pictures on this layout are of my adorable but slightly crazy nephew, so I wanted to pull out the more masculine papers and embellishments. The paper I used for the circles on my layout is called "Make Time" and it's the backside of the strip that is above my photos that aptly says, "Make time for the things you love." These photos were taken on a "date night" with my nephew. We share a mutual love of Mexican food, so that is where we went for our date. As you can tell by these photos, he prefers the crazy faces and auntie has to beg for "one good photo!" Gotta love that kid!!





The green strip of paper that my photos are matted on is called "Magnifique" and it's also from Bella Blvd. The scalloped border paper is the backside of the "Daily Details" cut apart sheet from Bella. I made that scalloped border using a Fiskars border punch.  That cut apart sheet is where the blue card is from. I just adore that gold foiling!



My title is a cut file from the Clique Kits store and it will be available for purchase in April. Clique Kits offers exclusive cut files to their subscribers each month and they have files that can be purchased. I cut the file on my Silhouette Portrait using American Crafts white card stock. I backed the word "capture" using the lovely vellum that is in the kit. I outlined the cut file using black ink. 


For all three of my embellishment clusters, I have used a heart from Bella Blvd. Two of them are polka dotted and one is just plain gold. I also used a black foam heart and enamels dots in each cluster and they are both from Freckled Fawn and can be found in the kit. The "XO" strip in the bottom right cluster is cut from one of the cut apart cards from Bella Blvd. 


To add a little more interest to the background, I used a stamp from Sonshine Stamp Co. I stamped the circles using some Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black. 





The kit includes some plastic clips from Bella Blvd. as well. Honestly, I struggle using those clips. I decided to just layer the clip behind one of my photos instead of clipping it directly to the photo. 


I hope you will head over to the Clique Kits website and check them out. They have challenges and all kinds of fun stuff that happens each month. And stay tuned as I will be completing a few more projects for them using this amazing kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment