Friday, March 24, 2017

Cousins and Friends- An 8.5 x 11 Scrapbook Layout

Last weekend Paper Issues had an online crop in their Facebook group. It was such much fun with lots of challenges, games and even some prizes were given away. And two lucky people will win gift cards to the store by just playing along. 

One of the challenges they had was called 'Spring Cleaning' and it was all about using up those older products. This is the layout I created for that challenge. 


I dug through my scrap box and found papers in teal/aqua, green and yellow. I went through all of my boxes of embellishments and pulled out coordinating products as well. I cut the papers into circles using my Creative Memories circle templates and cutting mat. The background wood grain  paper is from a Die Cuts with a View paper pad called 'DIY project stack-mini albums'. It was a full 12x12 sheet that I just trimmed down to 8.5 x 11. Once I had the circles cut out, I just placed them fairly evenly on my background paper, trying to vary the colors. 


I wanted to get my title in place before I started adding the embellishments, so I stamped it out using the 'Jen' stamp set that was created by Jen Schow for Felicity Jane. I used some Heidi Swapp ink in teal and fussy cut it out. Once I  had my title in place, I started embellishing. These embellishments are from many different companies and some of them I've had for so long that I don't even know who made them. 

 

There are a few from the 'Posh' collection from Simple Stories. I believe that ampersand is from the new Paige Evans 'Oh My Heart' collection.


  There are a few things from Elle's Studio and that cute enamel heart in the middle of the camera is from Pink Fresh Studio



I used some enamel dots from my stash and that cute puffy heart on the cloud is Recollections brand from Michael's. 

I wrote my journaling on some strips of white paper and cut it out and added it to the bottom of my page. 

I hope this layout will inspire you to use your scraps and maybe next time you will join the crop over at Paper Issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment