Monday, March 27, 2017

Headphones On, World Off-A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

If you have a teenager, you probably see them with headphones/ear buds on a lot!! My teenager is no exception!!

 

He loves music and watching YouTube videos on his phone or Ipad. I snapped these pictures back in September of last year and I wanted to document his love of toning the world (and probably his mother) out! ;)

I used a free cut file from the Paper Issues store. The file is called 'Slices of Life' and has several pie chart shapes and a few words as well. Paper Issues has lots of free cut files!! 

I cut the pie charts on my Silhouette Portrait  in different sizes and backed most of the pieces with patterned paper, leaving a few without. I used papers from the Bella Blvd. 'Addison' and 'Alex' collections. 


My background paper is just a white piece of American Crafts textured card stock. Once I had all of the pie charts backed with paper, I placed them in three clusters around my layout. I added some dimension  by placing a few of the pie chart shapes on some craft foam that I buy at Wal-Mart.  I backed my photos on some black card stock and placed them on my layout. 

I knew I wanted a fun and funky kind of font for my title. I went to the fonts in my Silhouette software and found one called 'Ethnocentric' and used that for the words 'headphones' and 'world.' The other words in my title are from a Bella Blvd. sticker sheet. I cut the font in black card stock and then outlined it with my white Signo pen. I outlined the gray letters in black. 




Then the fun part-embellishing!! I knew I wanted to add some music notes because like I said, he's always listening to music and finding new music and wanting me to listen to it. While we do share a love for some of the same music, some of what he listens to is not for me!!


The bigger music notes are die cuts and are from the Bella Blvd. 'Alex' collection. The smaller circular music note stickers are also from Bella Blvd. I added a few stars that I punched from the coordinating papers. I used a few clear stickers from the Simple Stories 'So Rad' collection. The word label stickers are also from Simple Stories



The circle with the headphones in it at the bottom right is another die cut from the 'Alex' collection. The music note tab is as well. 





I added in a few enamel dots from my stash, some journaling and some black splatters using some Heidi Swapp color shine.

I hope you will check out the cut files at Paper Issues and use them to document your memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment