Friday, March 31, 2017

Love: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

How do you scrapbook? Are you inspired by your photos, your supplies or maybe the story?

I'm inspired by all three. For this layout, I had previously fussy cut some of the beautiful florals from the Starshine collection by Shimelle/American Crafts and those inspired me. I also knew I had the perfect picture to go with those flowers! Thus, this layout that I adore was created!!


The background yellow and the navy blue papers are from the 'Gather' collection by Maggie Holmes. The white card stock is from American Crafts. 
I hand stitched around my layout using some white embroidery floss. Although hand stitching takes time, I simply love what it adds to a layout.  I used papers from the 'Starshine' collection as my photo mats as well.





For the cluster on the bottom right, I cut a frame out of one of the Maggie Holmes Gather papers. I layered a heart from the 'Starshine' ephemera pack on top of it along with one of those beautiful flowers that I had previously cut. The flair is also from the' Starshine' collection. The puffy sticker is from the Pink Paislee 'Moonstruck' collection. I added Nuvo Crystal Drops in navy blue and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in navy as well.



The cluster in the top right is simply a white tag inked in some spun sugar distress ink, a few more flowers and another flair button, a cut apart label from the Felicity Jane 'Emeline' kit and another puffy sticker from the 'Moonstruck' collection.


To the right of my photo, I added more flowers, a few more puffy stickers and a globe that was fussy cut from a Starshine paper. I did more hand stitching by giving the butterfly a little flight pathway.




Directly on top of my photo mat, I tucked in another tag and another flower. This one is actually a clear sticker that I placed on white card stock and cut out. The white card stock just helps the flower show up better. You can also see that I stitched around my photo mat.



To the top left of my photo, I added another cut apart label from Felicity Jane as well a puffy heart from the same kit. I added a butterfly that was fussy cut from a piece of patterned paper from the 'Moonstruck' collection.




I created another fairly large cluster in the bottom left corner of my photo. Once again, using goodies from all previous collections mentioned. 


Under my photo mat run two trips of patterned paper. One is just seen sticking out from the top of the photo area, while the other runs almost down to the bottom of the page and is cut into a banner shape. 


Scattered all around the layout are the navy Nuvo Crystal drops and the navy color shine as well as some beautiful yellow enamel dots from Freckled Fawn.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you scrapbook your memories using whatever inspiration you find.







No comments:

Post a Comment