Sunday, October 30, 2016

Weekend Vibes: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

Teenagers. Gotta love them, right?

I have one. He's 15 and he's a complete homebody. I mean I can't even get this kid to ride to the next town over and grab some dinner via the drive-thru! Seriously!!??!!

I'll admit that his 'homebody-ish' tendencies drive me crazy sometimes. But then I realize that one day way too soon, he will be graduated from high school and be off on a new adventure. Then, I will wish his homebody self was still stuck in his room, lounging the days away.

I wanted to document Jaden's idea of a perfect weekend, so I used my ninja picture taking skills to sneak these few photos.(Moms of teenagers, especially teenaged boys, will totally understand this!)  Of course, he caught on at the end, but the damage was already done!! Score one for mom!! :)

I had recently  purchased the new Alex collection by Bella Blvd. and I knew it was the perfect collection to document these pictures. The 'Namaste (in bed)' card was also a perfect fit. That card comes from the new Whatever
 collection from Simple Stories.

I wanted to be able to showcase a variety of the patterned papers on the layout so I decided upon this grid style design. I kept the photos and the papers all square and then used circles and other shapes to add interest to the layout.

I cut my title using my Silhouette Portrait using a font called Lemon Tuesday. You can find that font for free at dafont.com.

All of the tabs and a lot of the stickers on the layout are from the Alex collection as well. It's such a great collection for boys, especially for teenagers.

I wanted to give the layout a grungy type feel, so added some stamping using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. The plus sign stamp is actually from a Christmas collection from Simon Says Stamp. The stamp set is called Big Holiday Wishes. The cute star stamp is from the Emeline stamp set from Felicity Jane.

Also included on the layout are the So Rad photo stickers from Simple Stories and some Me and My Big Ideas chipboard.

I used my computer along with a font named Mom's Typewriter to do my journaling. That font is found at dafont.com as well.

I hope you have enjoyed this layout. What quirks or fun things have you documented about your teenagers? Leave me comment so we can commiserate together. :)

1 comment:

  1. Stooooooooooppppp, you are enabling me!!!! :D

    I love everything about this page.

    ReplyDelete