Monday, October 31, 2016

Snaps with dad: A 12 x 12 Layout

What kind of fun, social media apps do you use? Have you ever tried Snapchat?

I really don't use Snapchat for the social media aspect. I just love taking pictures with the fun filters. A few months back, my sister and I took some pictures with my dad after a Father's Day breakfast. We did some 'normal' pictures and then took a few using Snapchat. My dad thought the ones using Snapchat were hilarious. I can still see him laughing at the pictures.

Mind you, my dad is almost sixty and his version of a 'smart phone' is a Trac phone from Wal-Mart. He really has no clue about modern technology and such, so he thinks this 'new-fangled' stuff that my sister and I can do via our phones, is awesome. 




Several weeks later, my dad and I were out and about by ourselves. Before dropping him off at home, I suggested we take some pictures using Snapchat. So these adorable pictures happened and I knew I needed to document them. 


All of these patterned papers have been in my scrappy stash for a long time. I've been on a mission to try to use up all these older scraps of paper. 








I've had those speech bubbles forever as well. They were a free printable that I found online and I just printed and cut them out. I thought the speech bubbles were a nice touch to this layout and relayed some fun sentiments. I also printed out the Snapchat logo and added it to one of the bubbles. I carried the papers and speech bubbles down to the lower right corner of the layout as well. 

The title is composed of some old Thickers and some alphas from Studio Calico. I used a few small puffy stickers from Amy Tangerine as well as some Me and My Big Ideas Chipboard. Finishing off the layout are some word label stickers by Tim Holtz, enamel dots and some mists from Heidi Swapp in black and teal. 

Take some funny pictures of yourself and your family and document them. Just think how much fun it will be to look back on those silly photos in years to come. 




1 comment:

  1. Fun photos and cute page. I love the speech bubbles, they are perfect for the photos. I need to get out and find more free printables.

    ReplyDelete