Sunday, October 30, 2016

Homemade: An 8.5 x 11 Layout

Do you have a favorite season or a favorite time of the year? For me, that's autumn. I love the cooler temperatures, the beautiful changing leaves and mostly, all things pumpkin. I also enjoy cooking the 'comfort food' that is often associated with autumn. 

Recently on a really cool, autumn day, I cooked a pot of beef stew in my crock-pot. I wanted to document how cooler temperatures make me crave comfort food. 

 When I received the new Warm and Cozy collection from Pebbles and saw those amazing word stickers, I was in love. It just so happened that one of the words was 'homemade' and would work perfectly as my title for this layout. My photo is layered with patterned paper from Warm and Cozy as well. The other elements on my layout are all from the Hello Fall collection from Simple Stories. The two collections pair well together. 




I wanted to give my background a little added dimension, so I used some Artist Loft modeling paste, which can be found at your local Michael's store. I  put the modeling paste through a Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil. The circles on the background are made with a top of a container that we were throwing away and some Tim Holtz Distress ink in walnut stain. 

For my finishing touches, I added some hand stitching using some metallic gold thread that I also bought from Michael's. I love the texture and sparkle that the gold thread adds. I also used a few spritzes of some Heidi Swapp Color shine in Gold Lame and some Shimmerz Spritz in copper. 

What are your favorite things to document during the different seasons? 


1 comment:

  1. I love the Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil. I hunted for weeks until I was able to find it and got lucky that it was packaged with the plus sign stencil. The page feels so warm and the picture of the stew is making me hungry. This is what I get for reading your blog on Monday night when I have night class. :)

    ReplyDelete