Sunday, October 30, 2016

First Day of 9th Grade: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

It's hard to believe that I'm old enough to have a kid in 9th grade. Wasn't I just in 9th grade?

But alas, it's true. Jaden started his high school career in August of this year. I'm thankful that we live in a small town, where everybody knows everybody, because it helps to make these transitions easier. It's also helpful that his school holds grades 6-12, so he's just in a different building for his classes this year but most everything else stays the same. 

For the main background patterned papers in this layout, I used the Echo Park School Days collection. The photos are matted with various scraps from my stash. I used my Canon Selphy to print these pictures at home. Most of the embellishments are various items that I've had for quite some time and decided to finally  put them to use. 



The title is composed of some glitter Thickers and some Making Memories Tiny Alphas. The stickers on the photos and the numbers on the side are the Simple Stories So Rad photo stickers. 




 The tab is from Bella Blvd. and I used a Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp to stamp the date. A Fiskars note edge punch was used to punch that card that the tab is attached to. That small detail helps to give the title another 'school vibe'. I added some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in black to give the layout that final touch.

I hope this layout inspires you to scrap those school memories. 



4 comments:

  1. Great layout! The different size photos make the eye jump immediately to them. The embellishments and clusters work very well in setting it up. I love how you hook readers with your opening sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are amazing and the embellishments you used fit the LO perfect!

    ReplyDelete