Thursday, May 4, 2017

Right Now: A 12 x 12 Layout

Does the first Saturday in May mean anything special to you? To me it's always National Scrapbook Day, which means lots of scrapping fun!!!

Scrapbook.com listed their National Scrapbook Day challenges last week, so I decided to get a headstart and play along.  I created this layout for their Mixed Media challenge:



I had a general layout idea in mind, so I laid out my photos where I wanted them and drew a few pencil marks so I could get my mixed done around the photos. My background paper is just white American Crafts card stock. I used a Tim Holtz plus sign stencil and some Artist Loft modeling paste as my first step. Once that was dry, I used Tim Holtz distress ink pads in the colors dried marigold, spiced marmalade and ripe persimmon. I smooshed some of the ink onto some packaging and added some water to make it more like paint. I also slightly misted my card stock in the area where I wanted the ink. Misting your card stock helps the medium flow down the page better. Then I simply started painting on the ink. I let it dry between each color so that the colors wouldn't become muddy. I also added in some splatters. I used watered down black paint for my black splatters. 


Once all of that was dry, I started my stamping. The big circles are made from the top of an empty paint tube. I just dabbed it onto a ink pad and made the circles. The small circles are from a straw. There are paint splatter, dots, diamonds, plus signs, lines and words all stamped on the background.  I used an archival ink for stamping so that it wouldn't smear if it got wet. 



The messy circle die cuts are a cut file from Paper Issues that I cut on black American Crafts card stock. 

I used some various washi tapes, enamel dots and  stickers from my stash.


The title is a chipboard sticker from the Dear Lizzy 'Hello' Thickers pack. 




I hope you have been inspired to 'get messy' and create a fun layout of your own. I also hope you find some time to enjoy National Scrapbook Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment