Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Girl: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

Have you ever used supplies on your scrapbook layouts that once were other products? For example, my sister brought me a Mother's Day gift in an adorable gift bag and it was stuffed with some super cute tissue paper. I knew right away that both of those would end up on a scrapbook layout...and here is that layout!


Those flowers came from the gift bag and those polka dot circles are the tissue paper!

I started this layout with a white American Crafts card stock. I used a circle template to trace the circles on my background. I then used distress inks in peacock feathers, picked raspberry, chipped sapphire, and festive berries. I simply smooshed some of the ink onto plastic packaging, added some water and the ink became like watercolor paint. I wanted my circles to have that watercolor look so you can see that some of the paint is outside of the lines. I also used a glimmer mist in copper for since the leaves and stems have the copper color. 

Once my paint was dry, I added the tissue paper circles using some soft gel matte medium. I then used a Heidi Swapp stencil and some modeling paste to add more texture to my circles. 


I fussy cut the flowers out of the gift bag and once my photo was in place, I added my floral pieces in my three areas.




For my title, the word 'happy' comes from the Jen Hadfield 'Homemade' sticker sheet and I cut the world 'girl' from pink card stock using my Silhouette. The font for the word girl is called Lemonade Tuesdays. 


I finished my embellishing using a few word label stickers and some puffy hearts.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and that you will think outside of the box when it comes to scrap-booking supplies.








No comments:

Post a Comment