Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Brownie Girl: A 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Do you ever play along with scrapbooking challenges to help get your 'scrappy mojo' flowing?

I love the challenges that Paper Issues has each month. I played along with their Sketchy Saturday challenge to complete this layout.


Joefil Cate had previously posted her take on the sketch in the Paper Issues Facebook group and I loved it so much that I decided to lift her version of the sketch.

Those flowers as a border just make my heart smile!


I fussy cut them from the Simple Stories 'Brand New Day' paper. I layered them and added some foam adhesive under the top layer for dimension. 

I added in some beautiful light blue watercolor in three places around the layout for some added interest as well. It's just a great subtle element.




For my title, I used a combination of stamps and stickers. The stamps that spell Brownie, are from the dollar section at Joann's. I love how they turned out. I stamped the title using some black archival ink. The tile stickers are from Simple Stories as well.  The paw prints and the 'you're purr-fect' are from an Avery Elle stamp set--along with a few more flowers and a some sequins--my title area is complete.



I added hand stitching along this banner and along the yellow scalloped border. Hand stitching is a favorite technique of mine. 


I added the cat paw stamps in a few places just to emphasize that this is a layout of our cat. :)



Overall, this is a simple layout, but I love how it turned out. Thank you Paper Issues and Joefil for the inspiration.

I hope you all will come and play along at Paper Issues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment