Wednesday, January 25, 2017

You Make My Heart Skip a Bark: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

Do you have pets that you scrap about? We have an adorable but mischievous dog named Dexter and an ornery cat named Brownie, that I occasionally scrap about. This layout features that cute dog.  He's seriously so cute and spoiled rotten. 


I started with the idea of using a heart on this layout and it kind of morphed into stitching around the heart and making it look like a scalloped heart. I absolutely love how this layout turned out though. I used the 'Fur Fusion Soup' collection from Jillibean Soup and a few items from the 'Bark' collection by Echo Park

I cut out the heart by hand and used different patterned papers from the collection to make strips across the heart. I doodled around the edges of the heart and inked it lightly using Tim Holtz 'Distress Ink' in Tea Dye. I then traced around the heart and stitched into the card stock using some embroidery floss from DMC. To make the scalloped look, I simply punched some circles using a circle punch and then cut them in half. I placed them around the edge of the stitching and lifted up the edges of the scallops to give some dimension and to create a shadow. 


I used some of the embellishments from the 'Fur Fusion' collection to create an adorable little scene on the heart. I placed the dog house and the dog up on some fun foam for some dimension and added the banner under that cluster to act as a 'resting place' for the embellishments. I used Nuvo Crystal drops in gloss white to add some interest as well. I used those same drops on my title, the banner and the larger hearts. 




I created a cluster of embellishments at the top of the layout using a die cut label that I cut into a banner. I also used my banner punch by The Paper Studio to create another banner. I added in a button from my stash as well a heart from the collection. 


I created several clusters of embellishments around the layout including one on top of and beside my  photo. I did add in an enamel dot to each cluster as well. 




I typed my journaling on my computer, cut it into strips and placed it at the top and bottom to help balance out the layout. 


I hope this layout will inspire you to scrap about your pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment