Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Keepin' it Real: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

I will admit that I'm  more of a 'clean and simple' kind of scrapbooker. I love clean lines and minimal embellishments. The photos and the story are mainly what are most important to me in my scrapbooks. With that being said, I went embellishment crazy on this layout!!! I just couldn't stop adding "all the things!!" 


All of the papers that I used to make the tags are older papers from my scrap drawer, which is a great way to use those up. I just traced the shape of a tag on the papers and then cut them out. 

For my title, I used the newer 'Dream' Thickers from American Crafts. It was the perfect title for this layout which has journaling pertaining to my marriage. The photo is of me and my husband, way back at my 16th birthday party. Yes, we are high school sweethearts and we have been together since I was 15 and he was 16. Let's face it, marriage isn't easy, it's worth it, but not easy. It takes work to make it last. 


I did a little stamping around the layout. This 'love doing life with you' stamp is from Pink Fresh Studio. I used the 'Emeline' stamp set from Felicity Jane as well. 


I used so many embellishments that it's hard to pinpoint where each one came from. I used some 'Posh 'and 'Sunshine and Happiness' embellishments from Simple Stories, some really old rub-ons from Love, Elsie, some bits and pieces from Fancy Pants newer line called 'Joy Parade', a Heidi Swapp bow and a cute purple bow clip from Bella Blvd. If you have any specific questions about an embellishment, leave me a comment and I'll try to find the answer for you. 




My journaling, since it's a little more personal, is tucked into that purple envelope seen behind my photo. I finished off my layout with some black and gold Heidi Swapp 'Color Shine' and little doodling around the edge of the page. 

We all have packages of embellishments needing to be used. Break them  out and make something fun to look back on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment