Monday, January 23, 2017

Remember Today: A 12 X 12 Scrapbook Layout

I created this layout for the Design Team call over at My Creative Scrapbook and I LOVE the way it turned out. I used the 'Emeline' kit from Felicity Jane for the majority of the layout. I fussy cut all of those beautiful flowers out of one of the patterned papers in the kit. 


The photo on this layout is of me and my youngest son, Xander. For those that don't know, Xander battled cancer for five years and heartbreakingly passed away at the end of 2015. These pictures were taken in 2013 through a project called 'The Gold Hope Project' which entailed photographers donating their time to take pictures of children fighting cancer. I'm so very grateful to have these precious pictures. You can find out more about The Gold Hope project here: http://goldhopeproject.com/


As I stated earlier, I fussy cut all of the flowers out of one of the patterned papers and layered them up using some fun foam. I added in a few wood veneer leaves from my stash and used my Nuvo Crystal Drops to add some color and interest around the layout. The colors I used were Gloss White and Bright Gold. 




I placed those flowers in several different areas around my layout and I added some wood veneer hearts as well. Those hearts also came in the Felicity Jane kit. The 'love this' sticker seen above is a darling puffy sticker from the kit. 


I added in some hand stitching in several places around the layout using some gold thread that I bought from Michael's. I love the added detail of hand stitching. 


I placed my title on the bottom of the photo. There was some open space there and it was the perfect place for my title. 


The gold letters are from the 'Gather' collection by Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper and the white puffy alphas came in the kit. 

I hope you enjoyed looking at this layout and I hope it inspires you to scrap your photos, even the 'hard' ones. 











No comments:

Post a Comment