Thursday, March 16, 2017

Simply Magical: An 8.5 x 11 Scrapbook Layout

Do you drink coffee? Personally, I LOVE coffee! It's one of my love languages. Buy me coffee and we can be instant best friends! ;)


On this layout, I wanted to document how magical coffee is. Honestly, I don't 'need' coffee to survive the day. I truly enjoy the taste. And if you look closely at my coffee cup, you will see an adorable unicorn poking out, which makes my coffee experience even better. Unicorns RULE!!

I started this layout on a piece of white card stock that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used two different washi tapes from my stash. I have so much washi tape (um, like 400+ rolls) that I have no clue where these two came from! I used a piece of scrap paper and an EK Success border punch to make the cute scalloped border. 


I then decided to do a little mixed media around my photo area. I used Tim Holtz Distress inks for this. I used the colors Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistachio. I rubbed the colors separately onto some clear packaging, added a bit of water and simply 'smooshed' the color onto the paper. I dried the first color before adding the next just so they wouldn't mix together. I did a little splattering of black Heidi Swapp Color Shine as well.


I used a stamp set called Coffee Lovers to stamp the word coffee up and down the center area of the layout. That stamp is made by Joy Clair and I bought it from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped that using some Ranger Archival Ink in black. The two coffee cups on each side above the title were also stamped using this same stamp set and the same ink. I colored the hearts in the center using the distress inks mentioned above. I placed those on some fun foam to give them some dimension and so they would be the same height at the puffy coffee cup in the center. That coffee cup is from Freckled Fawn and I simply adore those stickers!!


For my title I used the Charming Thickers and my Jen Schow hand lettering stamps that I bought from Felicity Jane.   I stamped 'magical' onto some scrap card stock in that same Ranger ink and fussy cut around the word. I love those hand lettering stamps because that is one talent I do not have!! 


For the black hearts on my layout, I used a stencil from Echo Park and some Heidi Swapp Metallic Texture paste in black. After the hearts were dry, I used white embroidery floss to stitch around each one. 


My photo is matted on a piece of white card stock and then onto a black and white stripped paper from Bella Blvd. The green 'this right here' sticker is from Freckled Fawn.  I made a label using an EK Success label punch to add to the side of the photo. I stamped 'I love you lots' on the label using a Dear Lizzy roller stamp. The black puffy heart is from Bella Blvd. as well. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout and maybe it will inspire you to document those 'simply magical' things in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment