Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sheetz Nachos: A 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout


Do you use sketches when you scrapbook? I personally love to use sketches as it takes some of the guess work out of scrapping. There are several websites that offer free sketches. One of my favorites is Page Maps and there are a ton of sketch inspirations on Pinterest. 

I used a sketch for this layout from Stuck! Sketches. They have a blog and an Instagram if you interested in playing along with them.

The sketch called for a long title, so I knew exactly what photo I wanted to scrap. My son Xander loved to eat but nachos were one of his very favorites. For MONTHS, I heard him talk about the wonderful nachos at Sheetz. I just knew those nachos were going to be amazing. But when I took him to our local Sheetz,soon after they opened, I realized those AMAZING nachos were actually nothing special!!  They were the same nachos you could get at any baseball field. But he didn't care. He loved nachos of any kind and he was thrilled to finally get some from Sheetz. 


I used some large alphas that I picked up from Target a few months back. I traced the letters on my patterned  papers from my scrap bin and cut them out. I wanted the title to stand out a bit more, so I hand stitched around all of the letters. Hand stitching does take time, but I love the look of it. 

Before doing the stitching, I used some water colors and some Tim Holtz Distress inks to make a water colored look on my background. I just put  the distress ink on some plastic packaging, added a little water and pressed the color onto my card stock. I did the same thing with the water color paint. I used some Heidi Swapp 'Color Shine' in navy to make some splatters as well. I love how the color behind the title makes it pop even more and it's such a fun technique. 


The 'Good Times' card that I purchased from Elle's Studio was a perfect addition to my layout. The color matched perfectly and well, the saying did too!
I stamped the banner on the card using Tim Holtz 'Distress Ink' in the color Chipped Sapphire with a Pink Fresh Studio stamp.  I added the 'Right Now' rubber charm on the top. I purchased that charm from Freckled Fawn

I also added in a few labels from Elle's Studio. Elle's Studio has amazing grab bags on Black Friday and I stocked up this past year. 



I added in a few stars in three places around my layout. The small stars were made using a punch and I just traced and cut out the larger stars. The letters that spell 'Sheetz' are from Studio Calico. 

All of the papers I used on this layout are really old bits and pieces from my scrap drawer. The paper with the stars is a new paper from the Bella Blvd. collection called 'Oh My Stars.' 

I hope this layout will inspire you to use a sketch and make it into your own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment